Monday, February 9, 2009

tick tock, tick tock!

YES! we finally booked the venue right at the end of 2008. and seriously, as soon as we secured the location i went into relax mode. it's true when they say once you've got the place down you can take it easy..... at least for a little bit. check it out: http://www.miguelnelson.com/smogshoppe.html

now, the rest of the fun starts! I just met with Holly (florist) and will be meeting with The Kitchen (caterer) soon. I have yet to make a website with our Save-the-dates.......... eeek! i feel like time is counting down. FAST.

for the past several months I've been all over snippet & ink (along with lots of other beautiful blogs) obsessing over inspiration boards/themes. They all look so lovely which is the worst case scenario for someone as indecisive as me. I think i've lost sleep over wedding colors!

After meeting with Holly and Beth (our planner), my vision is slowly coming into focus. to help me stay focused, I gathered all the inspirational pictures i've seen from these blogs and created my own board! 
wedding mood
(bride/groom from josevilla.com, blue/white china from horchow.com, candelabras from cocktailvibe.com, cupcakes from Le Cupcake. sorry, I don't know the rest but most images can be found on snippet & ink)

I knew i wanted tea cups as part of the decor which eventually led me to blue/white china. trying to find affordable pieces online has been a challenge and luckily i stumbled upon horchow.com, but before I commit to an online purchase I scoped out Chinatown yesterday and found several items that could work!

(the hand is used to give an idea of size)


more to come!


No comments: